Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandpa Macks funeral.

My grandpa Mack past away last sunday so my parents and kennady and i went to his funeral in Idaho Falls. It was a really cool funeral my sisters and i sang and all the grandkids went up and put a rose in a vase and told a couple of memories of our grandpa. Then at the grave site they did the military salute. Which i have never seen before. My grandpa surved in WWII. It was amazing. This was the first funeral i have been to of someone i was close to. We lived next to my grandparents until i was 11 and we spent a lot of time at their house. While being down there it made me miss being close to my grandparents especially my grandma. I dont think there is anyone in the whole world as perfect as my grandma. I cant wait till cody is done with school and we can live closer to her. This is kennady and me at the luncheon.
We also got a first cousin picture with my grandma. This is the first time in a very long time since we have all been together. Minus spouses
From left to right. ( emily, amy, me, Traci, Bethany, Audra, Shila, Tristan, Grandma Eva, Adam, Jason,Tyler, Travis, Michael and Nathan.)

1 comment:

Steph said...

Hey Melissa,

I'm sorry about your grandpa. I'm glad you got to go down with your parents.

I haven't stopped by your blog in a while...you guys look great! Kennady's leg is so straight!

I saw your parents at the church in Liberty Lake, today. I'm going to go there for the next few Sundays (or at least until the baby gets here!)

Keep in touch.

-STeph